Tuesday 14 July 2009

A Bay with Cliffs

A Bay with Cliffs
Gustave Coubert – ca.1869. Oil on canvas. Wadsworth Atheneum, Hartford, CT

This picture reminded me very much of the Seven Sisters, a famous and beautiful cliff on England’s South Coast. Unfortunately, I couldn’t find pictures of it although I’m sure I have some from a similar angle as this painting, as we were approaching the Seven Sisters by kayak from the sea.

However, sea kayaking reminded me of a visit to the Anglesey Sea Kayaking Symposium we did some years ago and I found this beautiful photograph of a bay with equally stunning cliffs in the background and lots of colourful boats on the water. I can’t even remember the name of the bay but it was a sunny afternoon to try out different makes and types of kayaks – there are some more lined up on the beach…

*****

Papers, cutouts and accent beads used in photo border are from Club Scrap kit "By the Seashore"; plus alphas from Making Memories and boating buttons from Dress It Up.

No comments:

Post a Comment