Friday 31 July 2009

Sleeping Child

Sleeping Child
Gustav Klimt – ca. 1905/07. Drawing. The Detroit Institute of Art.

This work by Klimt is entirely boring to my taste. A thin drawing, quite possibly only a draft or study, of a naked little boy on a pillow. He seems to be sitting rather than lying but whatever he is sitting on is not there. The whole picture has an unfinished careless look – nothing like Klimt’s normal flamboyant and colourful nouveau art style.

However, it was the title that caught my attention, and immediately made me think of this cute photo taken of me in July 1966, at not quite two years of age – blissfully asleep amid my friends: my first ever teddy “Volker”, a doll I do not remember and the inflatable “Mickey” of Disney fame...

*****

Paper from Club Scrap "Salsa"; alphas from Club Scrap but can't remember the kit; Disney 3Ds from EK Success.

1 comment:

  1. "Sleeping Child is the title of another one of Bob Dornberg's original Painting, how come you do not show it and just use dornberg's title?

    ReplyDelete