Tuesday 14 July 2009

Newspaper

Newspaper
Karin Jurick – 2008. Oil on Masonite. Private Collection.

It was the title that drew me to this picture, because I knew I had this lonely photo sitting around of me in my “newspaper denims”. Newspaper print clothing was ever so fashionable for casual wear during the time I was in Hong Kong. I never went in for the tops and t-shirts but really loved these trousers!

I also loved the painting when I saw it. It’s of a woman reading a newspaper inside the Seattle Central Library and I think it’s great how the window grid makes this surreal surrounding to the figure.

*****

Background paper is from a HOTP Heritage paper book but all the newspaper clippings are real (I know - archival nightmare but I don't care here...). Alphas from Club Scrap kit "Salsa".

No comments:

Post a Comment