Friday 31 July 2009

Dinner Table

Dinner Table
Henri Matisse – 1897. Oil on Canvas. Private Collection.

This is such a wonderful sumptuous painting of what a dinner table can look like – but ours never does. On our own, we eat quite plain food and serve it simply, too. If we have guests, which is not often these days, I prefer to arrange cold buffets, or in summer we might have a BBQ or picnic instead. I love the finger foods, the canapés and nibbles, and the big party salads…

The photo actually goes years back! I can tell from the surroundings that this is still from the time when I used to live with my mother – so it must be my 16th birthday buffet. It was the only teenage birthday I really celebrated, of which Mother did not approve. She decided to go away for the weekend and leave us to it, and I had to make the entire buffet myself…

*****

Everything is from Club Scrap "Salsa" except for the recipe cards and 3D stickers which are from Jolee's Boutique and Jolee by You.

1 comment:

  1. Again, where is Bob Dornberg's Painting entitled "Dinner Table"?

    ReplyDelete