Tuesday 14 July 2009

Watchmakers of Switzerland

A Campus Group
Louise Jordan Smith – ca. 1925. Oil on Canvas. Maier Museum of Art, Lynchburg, VA

Again, it was the title that got me interested in the painting – then I loved the colours and the informal style of the group.

It reminded me of a photo of my grandmother with a couple of friends from the music conservatorium, a campus group, so to speak… I don’t know anything more about the two young men in the picture – I assume they were just colleagues, but the picture was taken in 1919, just five years before the completion of the painting!

*****

Paper and big alphas from Club Scrap kit "Passage of Time", and silver ring element from "Time + Space"; small alphas from Making Memories. For the various watch parts I finally took apart some old obsolete wrist watches...

No comments:

Post a Comment