Wednesday 1 July 2009

The Pool


The Pool (Jas de Buffan)
Paul Cezanne, ca. 1876. Oil on Canvas. The Hermitage, St Peterburg.

Cezanne is one of my favourite artists – in general I like the paintings of that period, the style, the colour choices… Of course, my page is not going to do his painting justice because when I read “The Pool”, I immediately thought of some photos with a totally different association: swimming pool/paddle pool… I decided to go for it anyway…

My little bath costume in these photos was a really bright raspberry red with black and white polka dots, which gave me the idea of polka dot paper and I remembered this one, ironically from a company called “Fancy Pants”, hehe…
I thought it might at least be more reminiscent of the colours in the painting than something bold but I was surprised just how well they matched. All the colours in the paper are exactly represented in the picture, too! This makes me feel a whole lot better about the connection between the Cezanne and my layout!

*****

Paper from a Scrapmuse kit; stickers from Club Scrap "Fruit & Vine"; metal word from Making Memories; plus vellum diecuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment